PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- The Perimeter Drive Phase 1 Reconstruction Project, which runs from Stevenson Road to 605 Perimeter Drive, begins September 7, 2017 weather permitting. Traffic delays and periods of lane/road closures are expected during this construction project. Please address any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- The Woodlyn Hills Drive Phase 1 Reconstruction Project has been completed, on street parking and traffic flow is returned to normal operations. Thank you.
Work Zone Tips
The KYTC offers the following tips for motorists when they approach a work zone:
1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Slow down.
3. Don’t tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you.
4. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the construction workers and
5. Pay attention to the signs.
6. Obey road crew flaggers.
7. Stay alert and minimize distractions.
8. Keep up with the traffic flow.
9. Schedule enough time and call 511 or go to www.511.ky.gov for Kentucky traffic and travel information.
10. Be patient and stay calm.
Remember construction and maintenance activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions. emergencies. and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet appreciates your patience during the construction process.
Motorists are urged to use caution in work areas. and to be alert for flaggers. workers. and equipment which may block a portion of the roadway. and other items of concern in work zones. Motorists are asked to pay careful attention to warning signs alerting them of the roadwork and obey work zone speed limits where applicable.
For the latest up to date information on road conditions throughout Kentucky. motorists can dial 511.