PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Road construction season begins in April (weather permitting) with the Perimeter Drive Phase 2 Reconstruction Project from 610 Perimeter Drive to the intersection of Perimeter Drive and Arbor Court. The Riggs Avenue / Erlanger Road Phase 2 projects will begin and run from 3163 Riggs Avenue to the intersection of Erlanger Road and Baker Street. PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS while traveling through work zones and use alternate routes. Delays and detours are expected. Contact email@example.com or (859) 727-2525. Thank you.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction to begin removal and replacement of concrete sidewalk panels identified in a sidewalk study performed for the city by Precision Concrete Sawing. Replacements will begin in the area of Zone #1 from Kentoboo Avenue to Commonwealth Avenue and from Dixie Highway to Interstate 75. If a section of sidewalk crosses your driveway you will be notified in advance of the removal to move vehicles from driveways. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Thank you.
Work Zone Tips
The KYTC offers the following tips for motorists when they approach a work zone:
1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Slow down.
3. Don’t tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you.
4. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the construction workers and
5. Pay attention to the signs.
6. Obey road crew flaggers.
7. Stay alert and minimize distractions.
8. Keep up with the traffic flow.
9. Schedule enough time and call 511 or go to www.511.ky.gov for Kentucky traffic and travel information.
10. Be patient and stay calm.
Remember construction and maintenance activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions. emergencies. and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet appreciates your patience during the construction process.
Motorists are urged to use caution in work areas. and to be alert for flaggers. workers. and equipment which may block a portion of the roadway. and other items of concern in work zones. Motorists are asked to pay careful attention to warning signs alerting them of the roadwork and obey work zone speed limits where applicable.
For the latest up to date information on road conditions throughout Kentucky. motorists can dial 511.