PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
Feel free to contact the City of Erlanger Public Works Department with comments or questions at email@example.com, 859.72
- The Narrows Road/Nelson Road Improvement Project is underway with final grading and the two walking paths which will connect to the Glades path to be installed soon. We would like to thank everyone for their patience during this project, especially during the roadway portion and the detours.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction for the Alpha Court, Beta Court, Kelli Lane, and Michele Circle Capital Improvement Street Reconstruction Projects. These projects will be a full pavement removal and replacement which will include the removal of the center island in the cul-de-sacs along with identified sidewalk panel replacement. The Alpha Court portion of these projects has been completed with Michelle Circle underway and Beta Court and Kelli Lane to follow. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during these projects.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction for the Brightleaf Connector (Narrows to Turkeyfoot), Center Street (Hulbert to Crescent) and Atlas Drive Resurfacing Project. There will be several full depth repairs along Center Street along with curb replacement on Brightleaf to remove curb cuts. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during these projects.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction to begin removal and replacement of concrete sidewalk panels identified in a sidewalk study performed for the City by Precision Concrete Sawing. Replacements will continue in the area of Zone #2 from Commonwealth Avenue to Kentonlands Road and from Dixie Highway to Interstate 75. If a section of sidewalk crosses your driveway you will be notified in advance of the removal to move vehicles from driveways.
Work Zone Tips
1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Slow down.
3. Don’t tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you.
4. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the construction workers and
5. Pay attention to the signs.
6. Obey road crew flaggers.
7. Stay alert and minimize distractions.
8. Keep up with the traffic flow.
9. Schedule enough time and call 511 or go to www.511.ky.gov for Kentucky traffic and travel information.
10. Be patient and stay calm.
Remember construction and maintenance activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions. emergencies. and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet appreciates your patience during the construction process.
Motorists are urged to use caution in work areas. and to be alert for flaggers. workers. and equipment which may block a portion of the roadway. and other items of concern in work zones. Motorists are asked to pay careful attention to warning signs alerting them of the roadwork and obey work zone speed limits where applicable.
For the latest up to date information on road conditions throughout Kentucky. motorists can dial 511.