PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE (11-30-18): Pavement is being placed on the Narrows Road/Nelson Road Intersection Improvement Project, which remains on schedule and is nearing completion. Contact the Public Works Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 859.727.3893. Thank you.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction for the Alpha Court, Beta Court, Kelli Lane, and Michele Circle Capital Improvement Street Reconstruction Projects. These projects will be a full pavement removal and replacement which will include the removal of the center island in the cul-de-sacs along with identified sidewalk panel replacement. The Alpha Court portion of these projects has been completed with the remaining streets to begin Spring 2019. The City of Erlanger appreciates your cooperation and patience during this project. Feel free to contact the Public Works Department with comments or questions at email@example.com, 859.72
7.7998, or 859.727.3893. Thank you.
- UPDATE (11-16-18): Over the next several weeks, pavement will be going down as the project is still on schedule to be completed by mid-December. The City of Erlanger has contracted with Lonkard Construction for the Narrows Road/Nelson Road Intersection Improvement Project. This project will be a full pavement removal, realignment, and elevation of the roadway to improve functionality and Public Safety. Weather permitting, this project is scheduled to begin the week of September 17 (projected to last 90 days). Narrows Road will be closed from Thorntree Drive to Safety Center East, along with Nelson Road being closed from Deerchase Drive to Narrows Road. Detours will be in place to access Richardson Road as the alternate route. The City appreciates your cooperation and patience during this project. Contact the Public Works Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, 859.727.7998, or 859.727.3893. Thank you.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction to begin removal and replacement of concrete sidewalk panels identified in a sidewalk study performed for the city by Precision Concrete Sawing. Replacements will begin in the area of Zone #1 from Kentoboo Avenue to Commonwealth Avenue and from Dixie Highway to Interstate 75. If a section of sidewalk crosses your driveway you will be notified in advance of the removal to move vehicles from driveways. Feel free to contact us with any comments or questions at email@example.com 859.727.7998, or 859.727.3893. Thank you.
Work Zone Tips
1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Slow down.
3. Don’t tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you.
4. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the construction workers and
5. Pay attention to the signs.
6. Obey road crew flaggers.
7. Stay alert and minimize distractions.
8. Keep up with the traffic flow.
9. Schedule enough time and call 511 or go to www.511.ky.gov for Kentucky traffic and travel information.
10. Be patient and stay calm.
Remember construction and maintenance activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions. emergencies. and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet appreciates your patience during the construction process.
Motorists are urged to use caution in work areas. and to be alert for flaggers. workers. and equipment which may block a portion of the roadway. and other items of concern in work zones. Motorists are asked to pay careful attention to warning signs alerting them of the roadwork and obey work zone speed limits where applicable.
For the latest up to date information on road conditions throughout Kentucky. motorists can dial 511.