The City of Erlanger is pleased to announce financial support for one graduating senior. This financial assistance is in the form of one $2,500.00 scholarship to attend an accredited two- or four-year college or technical school. The award will be based on the ability to succeed in college or technical school.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be a resident of the City of Erlanger.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or home school in Northern Kentucky.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Preference is given to students attending college or technical school in Kentucky.
- Must be drug-free.
- Must not have been arrested and convicted on a drug, weapon, or violence charge.
- Must have verification of acceptance in a two- or four-year college or technical school for the upcoming fall semester.
- Must have actively participated in at least one Community Involvement Activity over the past School Year.
Applicants must prepare a portfolio that includes the following:
- Submission of a completed Scholarship Form.
- Submission of a 250 word minimum/500 word maximum essay addressing the topic of “Why I need or deserve this Scholarship.”
- A letter of recommendation from a school administrator or teacher
- An Applicant must include a list of all Community Involvement Activities, and a letter of recommendation for one or more outstanding achievements in community service or a photocopy of such community achievement awards. Portfolios must be turned in by 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 12, 2021, to Kim Wolking, Community Planner, at Erlanger City Building, 505 Commonwealth Avenue, Erlanger, KY 41018 or sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Representatives from Erlanger businesses will review all submitted applications and select the winner of the scholarship. Decisions will be based on 65% Community Achievement, 25% Essay, and
10% Grade Point Average. The decision of the committee is final. The scholarship will be presented to the recipient at the City Council meeting on the 1st Tuesday of May 2021. Questions regarding the scholarships and/or application process should be directed to Kim Wolking, Community Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials submitted for review become the property of the City of Erlanger.