PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
Feel free to contact the City of Erlanger Public Works Department with comments or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, 859.72
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction for the Heartwood Lane, Woodchase Drive, and Summerwood Court Reconstruction Project. This project will be a complete removal and replacement of both roadway and sidewalks. As with all of our projects, the City will notify residents prior to the start of the project and the contractor (JPS Construction) will notify residents prior to any pavement being removed in front of their residence. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during these projects.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with Michels Construction for an Asphalt Overlay paving project which will include the following streets: Lakemont Drive (all), Ashmont Drive (Lakemont Drive to 3981 Ashmont Drive), Sherbourne Drive (Richardson Road to Sky Drive), Narrows Road (Brightleaf Boulevard to 3801 Narrows Road) and Old Turkeyfoot Road (Turkeyfoot Road to City Boundary). This project will also include the reconstruction of ADA Sidewalk Ramps along with several full depth repairs. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during these projects.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with TMS Construction for the Turfway Road (Circleport Entrance) Reconstruction Project. This project will be a complete removal and replacement of the concrete pavement along Turfway Road between Dolwick Drive and Pacific Avenue. Along with the roadway restoration there will be a sidewalk addition and bus stop shelter located on the Northwest side of Turfway Road. Traffic will be maintained as to not limit access to businesses. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during these projects.
- The City of Erlanger has contracted with JPS Construction to begin removal and replacement of concrete sidewalk panels identified in a sidewalk study performed for the City by Precision Concrete Sawing. Replacements will continue in the area of Zone #2 from Commonwealth Avenue to Kentonlands Road and from Dixie Highway to Interstate 75. If a section of sidewalk crosses your driveway you will be notified in advance of the removal to move vehicles from driveways.
Work Zone Tips
1. Expect the unexpected.
2. Slow down.
3. Don’t tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you.
4. Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the construction workers and
5. Pay attention to the signs.
6. Obey road crew flaggers.
7. Stay alert and minimize distractions.
8. Keep up with the traffic flow.
9. Schedule enough time and call 511 or go to www.511.ky.gov for Kentucky traffic and travel information.
10. Be patient and stay calm.
Remember construction and maintenance activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions. emergencies. and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet appreciates your patience during the construction process.
Motorists are urged to use caution in work areas. and to be alert for flaggers. workers. and equipment which may block a portion of the roadway. and other items of concern in work zones. Motorists are asked to pay careful attention to warning signs alerting them of the roadwork and obey work zone speed limits where applicable.
For the latest up to date information on road conditions throughout Kentucky. motorists can dial 511.