CITY OF ERLANGER ECONOMIC INCENTIVE AND GRANT FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
The Economic Incentive and Grant for Small Businesses is available to certain qualified City of Erlanger small businesses as an incentive for businesses to remain or relocate in the city or to make capital improvements to commercial buildings.
To be eligible, businesses must meet all of the following:
- Be located within or proposing to relocate within the City of Erlanger
- Have an annual payroll of less that $750,000
- Not be a sexually oriented businesses
- Not be receiving state incentives involving city occupational license fees
Businesses may request a reimbursement of up to 50% of capital improvement expenses up to $20,000 ($10,000 maximum reimbursement). Those expenses eligible for the reimbursement must be visible exterior improvements. The remaining expenses may be either visible exterior or fixed interior improvements, such as flooring or cabinets. Furniture, kitchen equipment and other movable equipment is not eligible for consideration in the total qualifying expenses. White boxing of interior tenant space to be actively marketed for lease will be considered when coupled with exterior improvements.
To apply, the following information must be submitted to the Director of Economic Development:
- A completed application form
- A description of the organizational structure and business history
- A description of the proposed improvements
- A cost estimate for the proposed improvements
- A description of how the project will benefit the City
- A description of how the business was impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic
- A copy of the latest annual report from the Secretary of State to show business organizational structure and proof of ownership
- A copy of the deed (if the building is owned by the applicant) or lease agreement (if leased). Specific purchase price or lease payment information may be redacted
- Proof of good standing with City State Occupational License
- Proof of good standing with the Secretary of State
Questions regarding this program may be directed to Emi Randall, Director of Economic Development at 859-727-7995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.