CITY OF ERLANGER ECONOMIC INCENTIVE AND GRANT TO DEMOLISH ABANDONED AND BLIGHTED REAL ESTATE
The incentive and grant for owners of real property to demolish abandoned and blighted real estate is available to certain qualified owners of real property within the City of Erlanger. Both residential and commercial properties are eligible for an incentive.
To be eligible, the property owner must:
- Own real property within the City of Erlanger with a blighted or abandoned building.
- Plan to demolish all or part of the blighted or abandoned building for the purposes of redevelopment.
- Explain how the demolition meets any of the following:
- Increases future revenue and job creation
- Decreases blight
- Increases property tax value
A property owner with a qualifying property and demolition proposal may be reimbursed for up to 100% of the demolition costs up to $10,000 and 50% of the demolition costs between $10,000 and $40,000.
To apply, the following information must be submitted to the Director of Economic Development:
- A completed application form
- A copy of the deed for the property
- A description of the reasons the property should be demolished
- A description of the future plans for the property including future redevelopment plans and marketing strategy, if proposing to sell
- A cost estimate for the proposed demolition (for pre-approval) or a copy of the receipts for demolition costs (for reimbursement)
Questions regarding this program may be directed to Emi Randall, Director of Economic Development at 859-727-7995 or email@example.com.